With good roads from all directions leading to Oberon NSW, the town is easily accessible by public (weekdays only) or private transport. Enjoy the journey here, whichever route you take, as the scenery is simply spectacular!
Oberon NSW is easily accessible from all directions by car:-
- From Sydney, turn off the Great Western Highway (to Oberon and Jenolan Caves) at Hartley (about 2.5 – 3 hours).
- From Canberra, take the Taralga/ Oberon Road (The Tablelands Way) from the eastern most traffic lights in Goulburn (about 3 hours).
- From Bathurst, take the road to Oberon at the big roundabout at Kelso (about 45 minutes).
- From Mudgee, take the Castlereagh Highway and the road to Sofala, then to Bathurst, then the road to Oberon (about 2.5 hours).
Oberon NSW is accessible by public transport (weekdays only):-
- Take Bathurst Bullet train to Central at Tarana. A connecting coach service leaves Oberon to Tarana 5 days a week. Here is the timetable. You need to pre book your tickets. Contact Fenton’s Bus Service for ticket options. You cannot use Opal on this bus service. Fentons Bus Service (for Tarana Train) contact is 6336 1687 or 0413 001 687
- Booking is required if catching the train at Tarana, you can use your Opal card but you will need to reserve a seat for the train section, at no cost, through the Contact Centre by calling 13 22 32 (Between 07:00 to 22:00 each day).
- There are twice daily bus services to and from Bathurst. Click here for Newman’s Bus Service – Timetable and Fares. Contact Newmans Bus Service (if travelling from Oberon to Bathurst to catch the Bathurst Train) on 6331 5767 or 0417 254 915
- For train timetables from Tarana, visit here for the latest information.
9:30 am – 5pm, 7 days, Closed Christmas Day, Boxing Day and New Years Day.
Cnr Ross and Edith Rd, Oberon, NSW, 2787
Click here to see a map of public toilets in the area
- Apex Park, Rupert Street, Oberon Open: 6am-6pm
- Cook Park, Oberon Street, Oberon, Open: 6am-6pm
- Cunynghame Street Recreation Ground Cunynghame Street, Oberon. Open: Open daylight hours
- Lowes Mount Road Netball Courts, Lowes Mount Road, Oberon. Open: Open daylight hours
- Cunynghame Oval, 11 Dulce Drive, Oberon. Open: 6am-6pm
- Reef Reserve, The Reef Road, Oberon. Open: Open daylight hours
- The Common, 51 Ross Street, Oberon. Open: 6am-6pm
- Miss Wilson Park, Brennan Cres, Oberon. Open: 6am-6pm